Friday, June 30, 2006

I am a superhero

Earlier this morning, I was reading Wikipedia’s article on marathon running, and this sentence caught my eye:

“Completing a marathon is often considered to be a superhuman effort.”

I had no idea that I was a superhuman! This is fantastic news, because I’ve been hoping for some time that I would gain some super powers. It’s amazing to think that I’ve had my super powers for years and didn’t realize it.

Just for the record, here are my known super powers:

1. Ability to spend lengthy amounts of time outside during extremely cold weather

2. Ability to ignore injuries, thereby allowing injuries to become much worse than they otherwise would have been

3. Ability to drink water from a paper cup while running

4. Ability to use the word “fartlek” in a sentence without laughing

5. Ability to eat PowerBars and PowerGel without throwing up

6. Ability to eat those things while running

7. Ability to run alone for many miles at a time and only talk to myself a little bit

8. Ability to very quickly convert miles to kilometers, and vice versa

9. Ability to see the logic in driving 200 miles to run for 3 miles

10. Ability to make it home quickly on foot when keys are locked in the car

5 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

which one are you? I can't tell which one of these people is humorless, as I lack superheroicness.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

It just so happens that I am the one who is apparently winning the Chicago Marathon.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

apparent congratulations then. by the way, the commenter at HZ who wrote about Patty the hermaphroditic cow had a blog for a while at tookong-dot-blogspot-dot-com; it's still up, but I don't know what he means to do with it.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That blog is certainly interesting, quite creative. BTW, I checked out your blog, too, and even though I was slightly creeped out because the PayPal thing knew who I was, I wish you well on your documentary. It sounds like a good project.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

thank you Ms. Humorless. the Amazon icon just registers if you have an amazon account and hold on to your cookies, but I never find out even if people give me money through Amazon, unless they also tell me. I guess it's legal since the maximum that Amazon will take at one time is fifty bucks. I'll admit it put me off the 1st time I saw it one someone else's site too.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home